Friday, January 13, 2012
How to Import XLSX file into MySQL
I have successfully imported large data from XLSX file in some simple steps. No need to convert it to csv or other file format. No need to do it using command line either. We can do it using graphical user interface tool. How to do it?
To do it, all we have to do is using phpMyAdmin. I bet you have been familiar with this popular tool. Here are the steps.
- Open up your phpMyAdmin , go to http://localhost/phpmyadmin/
- After that, select your database from the left sidebar. Or you can create your new database just for testing
- Click Import tabs
- Choose XLSX file you want to import and follow the next steps, don't click Go button now.
- Look for the list of radio button on the bottom of page
- Click the radio button on the left of this one : Excel 2007 XLSX Workbook
- You will see another Options appear on the next
- Go to that Options and check up the check box before this one : Column names in first row
- Now you can click Go button, and you should see a new table is automatically created. This new table name is Data To Upload. Of course you can change its name later.
comments powered by Disqus