Best Web Hosting for Ruby On Rails Application
As a programmer who works using Ruby On Rails, I have some experiences with some web hosting in deploying Rails application. However, in this post I will only mention the best web hosting among them. From my experience so far, Heroku is the one. Why ?
There are some reasons why I choose Heroku as the best web hosting for application which is built using Ruby On Rails.
- Heroku platform is already integrated with git , one of my favourite source code control. It really helps a lot in application development.
- Heroku platform provides simple ways to install required gems. As developer, I didn't need to run bundle install manually to install all required gems. It's already done when pushing the application to Heroku.
- Heroku also provides many add-on to support our application. For example, they provide memcached add-on to speed-up our application loading.
- Heroku provides simple commands to us in debugging our application such : heroku logs, heroku restart, heroku rake db:migrate, heroku console.
- Heroku provides free account feature too.
Disclaimer : This post has nothing to do with Heroku. I'm not promoting them either. I just share my experience so far related with web hosting for Ruby On Rails Application. And it told me that Heroku is the best one.
P.S. Currently, comment form is disabled. If you have something to say, just drop me an e-mail at kevin[at]kevinhq[dot]com